COME SEE US on OPEN FARM DAY --
Saturday July 28th, 10 am - 4 pm.
On our 225-acre farm, we produce milk from our dairy sheep, which is made into award-winning cheeses, and we grow pasture-raised beef and lamb. We are also home to a Belted Galloway cattle herd, sheep-guarding Maremma dogs, and a flock of parasite-controlling hens! Admission to Open Farm Day is FREE. So come visit us to see a beautiful working farm, have some good food, get some animal time, and treat yourself to a chance to learn about farming, land stewardship, wool handling, dairying....
The OFD SCHEDULE at Meadowood Farms:
- Take a wagon tour of our farm (every hour)
- Have lunch provided by FCI-trained chef Emily Prial (all day, starting at 11:00)
- Scratch our friendly sheep (any time)
- 10:00 & 3:30. Feed our lambs with us
- 11:00 - 3:00. Learn how to spin and felt lambs’ wool
- See our beef cattle (on our wagon tours); we'll feed them at 3:30.
- 2:00. Collect hens’ eggs with us
- 3:00. Watch our dairy sheep being milked -- and you can even join us in the milking parlor to try it yourself!
For a map of Madison County, and directions to Meadowood Farms (including GPS co-ordinates), go to: https://openfarmdaymadisoncounty.com/item/meadowood-farms/
We're delighted to be joined by the Cherry Valley Spinners Guild again this year! Try your hand at working the wool, or watch the spinners transform the raw wool into beautiful yarns.
The Lunch Menu at Meadowood Farms during OFD, featuring three sandwiches made from our own beef and lamb:
- Braised Beef Brisket, with carmelized sweet onion relish
- Grilled Sweet Italian Lamb Sausage, with roasted bell peppers and tomato jam
- Our own All-beef Hot Dogs -- classic 'dogs on the grill!!
- Meadowoods' own sheeps-milk cheeses
- Sheeps-milk yogurt -- plain, maple, blueberry, ginger....
About Madison County's Open Farm Day
When: THE LAST SATURDAY OF JULY, EVERY YEAR, 10AM - 4PM. It's all FREE. And there are 36 other farms also open for the day -- for more information, go to the Madison County Open Farm Day website. Come to Meadowood Farms and take a wagon tour of our farm, have lunch made from our own beef and lamb, scratch our friendly sheep, feed our lambs, learn how to spin and felt our lambs' wool, meet our beef cattle, watch our sheep being milked, and/or collect hens' eggs.
Farmers Markets throughout the year
Cazenovia Summertime Farmers Market
When: Every Saturday, May - October, on Main Street in Cazenovia. EXCEPT for the last Saturday in July, when our farmers market stand will be up at our farm (5157 Ridge Road, Cazenovia) for Open Farm Day.
Cazenovia Winter Farmers' Markets
First Saturday of the month, November - April, 10am - 1pm, at Spruce Ridge Garden Center in Nelson
Third Saturday of November and December, 10am - 1pm, at the American Legion Hall on Mill Street in Cazenovia.